SALC is the Self-Access Learning Center at Nagoya City University - Building #2 Room 309. It is an English-only space where you can learn at your own speed, alone or with friends. There are lots of things to do here. You can read about them below.
* GAMES * We've purchased several new games that are easy and fun to play with your friends. Challenge someone to a games.
* TV SHOWS and MOVIES! * Lots of new titles to watch. Come in when you have some free time, rest in a beanbag chair, and watch Friends, The Simpsons, Downtown Abbey, as well as many full-length movies.
* NEW APPS! * Have fun learning new vocabulary and reading books on our iPads.
* PRACTICE for TOEIC! * Come in to use the TOEIC apps on the iPads and the books for studying grammar, vocabulary, and listening. We'll also have textbooks and practice tests available for you to try.
* BOOK SPACE! * As you walk in the SALC, you'll find a comfortable place to sit and read quietly.
Relax and share easy conversation with teachers and our great Student Assistants!
We have iPads, DVDs, and computers for you to enjoy.
There are many kinds of games to play in SALC - card games, board games, and of course, iPad apps!